four bands I don’t need to hear anymore about

This is not to say I don’t like some of these artists (I like some, dislike others). I certainly don’t love any of them and I certainly hear more about them than I need to:

• Radiohead
  • Björk
  • Spoon
  • Grizzly Bear

And the late June 2008 edition would also include Coldplay.

Alright, open the floodgates.

9 Responses to “four bands I don’t need to hear anymore about”

1. Anna says:

I can maybe understand the first two because the major sites write about them every time they change planes or blow their noses. But not Spoon. I can never get enough Spoon.

2. I second Anna’s claim. Spoon = awesome. Catch them live if you need further proof.

3. VaguePanther says:

Haha… awesome. So I write for a blog named after a Spoon song, but yes I am sick of hearing about Spoon. SICK. Equally nauseated by everything Grizzly Bear. But Radiohead? My friend, this is where I show my true colors. I will never be tired of Radiohead. Sorry.

4. scott says:

can we add vampire weekend and nine inch nails to that list?

5. adrian says:

Scott, yes. Yes we can.

Others, I appreciate the comments and your earnestness, but I think you’re missing the point. You’re telling me more about these bands…

6. dude says:

i’d swap the last two for sufjan and sonic youth

7. And them damn Beatles. And Bob Dylan. And Bowie. Can’t people shut up about it already? I’m looking for obscure bands that no one else talks about! Totally. Those are the bands that are really good, obvs. ;)

Happy fourthity.

8. moomoo says:

this is just evidence you have bad taste.

Spoon is pretty frat rock, but harshing on radiohead, grizzly bear and bjork is just stupid.

you can have your boticellis!

9. adrian says:

Moomoo, I didn’t say you couldn’t love those bands. Love them all you want.

I tend to think I have pretty good taste, but you can think what you’d like.